Thursday 29 September 2011

Sergers, fabric and diapers, oh my!

Earlier this week I got a REALLY awesome package in the mail... a used serger from my friend Dot in BC!  She shipped it all the way out here for me just because she knew I would make good use of it.  So generous... thanks Dot!  Now I just have to figure out how to use it... I've heard sergers are scary tricky, so I'm hoping it isn't too intimidating. 

I am really thankful for the serger because now I can start making all my own inserts.  Until I get started on my own serged inserts for the diapers I think I'll have to sell my diapers with purchased inserts, because the inserts are really important for maximum absorbency.  I plan to order absorbent bamboo velour, fleece and microfibre to construst layers of fabric for a soft and high-performance insert.  Now that I have a serger I'll be able to whip up a lot of them in no time (if the learning curve isn't too steep!) and they will be very durable for lots of washes with the strong serged edges. 

Now that I've got that out of the way, please enjoy this diaper made with some of the sweet fabric Dot sent me with the serger:




No comments:

Post a Comment